Monday, December 2, 2013

School uniforms are something that I think is very fascinating. Some people believe that all schools should have uniforms. Every child should wear the same outfit as the other. I believe that this should not be the case. I think that the children should have the right to wear whatever they decide, to a certain degree. The students should have a dress code of some sort, but I don't believe they should be forced to wear only uniforms. Wearing their own clothes gives them a view of being different, it shows others how they really are. If they were to wear the same thing they wouldn't be able to express themselves as well. I think that the children tend to express themselves through clothing instead of through voice, and if that is taken away I believe that they won't know how to express themselves in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that kids should not be forced to wear uniforms. However, I agree with you for a different reason. I wore uniforms at my high school, so I know exactly what its like wearing them. Trust me, kids can still express themselves and show their differences through their uniforms, but by that point they are trying so hard to be different that they are no longer being themselves. Kids should be able to wear what they want to wear, to a certain extent as you mentioned. I believe it is important to have kids express themselves, but not through their clothing. Rather, I think it is important to have students express themselves through their school work, and to show what they are like in a way that will help them learn about themselves and how to accept yourself and to have others accept you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with this. I believe that if we make children wear the same things that a major way of expressing themselves has been eliminated, much like you said. Even though clothing can sometimes be a distraction, I think that making everyone wear the same thing could be a distraction as well because kids would only focus on how much they hated it.

    ReplyDelete